The expansion joint strip system for flame-application.
Construction elements on buildings are constantly being exposed to strong causes of stress such as temperature fluctuations, earthquakes and other physical events. These have an effect on the volume and properties of the substances used and the construction materials, and can lead to fatigue symptoms or fractures which may have disastrous consequences. To prevent this, Soba Inter AG provides high-quality solutions for a long-lasting quality construction.
FlamLINE® is the newest generation expansion strip for bridging over expansion joints between the bituminous sealing on construction elements. The resilient high-quality strip of fine rubber can be installed in a highly efficient and reliable way and ensures a watertight seal of all joint zones occurring along the transitional sections of the building.
Easy installation by flame-application
FlamLINE ® expansion strips can be installed efficiently and reliably. The two lateral adhesive flanges are reinforced with a support and are flame-treated into the bituminous seal in a sandwich process or glued directly to the substrate (e.g. concrete or steel) using epoxy resin adhesive to form a force-fit connection. The centre of the expansion strip is formed by the support-free expansion zone which absorbs the movement of the building elements. This extends along the joint gap. Depending on the type of strip, movements of up to 240 mm are possible.
FlamLINE® expansion strips are usually pre-packaged with all the formed parts for the particular building. Where the installation is to be done in several stages, or for very long building joints, which make the handling more difficult, the items can also be prepared on the building site, using the vulcanisation machine that has been specially designed for this purpose. Please contact our technical service directly to find out about the available options.
Advantages of FlamLINE ®
- Economical installation thanks to prefabricated, precisely fitting expansion joint strips
- Strips and moulded parts are supplied as pre-packaged systems
- The “Sandwich design” means no complicated sub-structure is needed
- No sealing-off is needed thanks to the high-quality join with the seal
- Very good resistance to building oscillations (e.g. during earthquakes)
- Flat construction without any kinks or bumps
- Easily follows the line of every joint
- Highly elastic expansion zone
- Force-fit connections on bitumen or using epoxy adhesive on concrete and metal, etc.
- Special metal connecting pieces for joins on sheet metal work
- The individual strips can be joined together on the building site using the specially developed vulcanisation machine.
Because of the brief contact with the naked flame or molten asphalt during the construction phase the properties of the material are not impaired.