The expansion strip system for pouring on.
Construction elements on buildings are constantly being exposed to strong causes of stress such as temperature fluctuations, earthquakes and other physical events. These have an effect on the volume and properties of the substances used and on the construction materials, and can lead to fatigue symptoms or fractures which may have disastrous consequences. To prevent this, Soba Inter AG provides high-quality solutions for a long-lasting quality construction.
RedLINE® is the classic expansion strip made of fine rubber for bridging over expansion joints between the bituminous sealing on construction elements. This strip system with its conventional method of application using molten bitumen ensures a top quality connection that can be installed quickly and reliably.
Easy assembly by pouring
RedLINE ® expansion strips can be installed simply and securely. These adhesive flanges are poured directly onto the bitumen seal using hot bitumen. Depending on the location where they are installed, they can also be joined directly to the substrate using epoxy resin adhesive or liquid sealant to form a force-fit connection.
The centre of the expansion strip is formed by the expansion zone, where there is no laminated fleece which absorbs any movement of the building elements. This extends along the joint gap. Depending on the type of strip, movements of up to 240 mm are possible.
RedLINE® expansion strips are usually pre-packaged with all the moulded parts for the particular building. Where the installation is to be done in several stages, or for very long building joints, which make the handling more difficult, the items can also be prepared on the building site, using the vulcanisation machine that has been specially designed for this purpose. Please contact our technical service directly to find out about the available options.
Advantages of RedLINE ®
- Economical installation thanks to prefabricated, precisely fitting expansion joint strips
- Strips and moulded parts are supplied as pre-packaged systems
- The “Sandwich design” means no complicated sub-structure is needed
- No additional sealing-off is needed thanks to the high-quality join with the seal
- Very good resistance to building oscillations ( e.g. during earthquakes)
- Flat construction without any kinks or bumps
- Easily follows the line of every joint
- Highly elastic expansion zone
- Force-fit connections on bitumen or using epoxy adhesive on concrete and metal, etc.
- Special metal connecting pieces for connections on sheet metal work
- The individual strips can be joined on the building site using the specially developed vulcanisation machine.
The brief contact with the naked flame or poured asphalt during the construction phase can be applied without impairing the properties of the material.